Booklover, Indianapolis's Reviews > Outlander

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

F 50x66
I read this in the summer of 2001 and fell in love! I did not want to read this - thought it would be boring - time travel historical Scottish romance - blech! I powered through this 650 page book in 3 days, immediately reread it, ran out to find sequels, listened to it on tape while rereading it again, and recommended it to anyone and everyone I knew! Many took the bait and become Outlander fans - yea me! This book started me on the road to reading 95% nothing but romance - I discovered Amazon through this book and used the "if you liked this you might want to read this" feature to find so many other great historical Scottish time travel romances - and then regular historical romances - and then contemporary romances - paranormal-etc.! I don't really consider this paranormal as once Claire time travels it settles down to a regular historical, but while Gabaldon is very wordy (every sequel seems to add 100 pages!), I loved this book. I loved the first 4, in fact, but I do admit I've lost the desire to continue past Snow and Ash. One day, when I know she's done, I'll pick up Echo at the Bone and whatever comes afterwards. But still - Jamie makes my heart flutter!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.