Tawana Harper's Reviews > The Man in My Basement

The Man in My Basement by Walter Mosley

F 50x66
Aug 14, 10

Read in August, 2010

Honest to God I couldn't wait until this book was sent to me through interlibrary loan. I would not start reading anything else anticipating the arrival of this book. Boy was I disappointed! First off nothing was done well enough. I wanted MORE! I thought Charles Blakeys anger could have been angrier. I thought his lust could have been "lustier". Anniston Bennett should have been psychotic, wanting Charles to inflict physical pain on him. There should have been someone looking for Anniston Bennet, some neighbor should have seen him entering Charles Blakeys home. Anniston Bennetts death should have been investigated and Charles should have been linked to his death by torture, yet Charles triumphed at the end...you get where I'm going. There should have been at least 2 major plots happening that made this a nail biter. I thought this would make my skin crawl, I thought it would make me sit on the edge of my seat, but it didn't. This book should have done to me what the movie Misery did to most. I'm left though with nothing. I'm so disappointed.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man in My Basement.