Stephanie's Reviews > Cast in Chaos

Cast in Chaos by Michelle Sagara

Oct 14, 10

bookshelves: new-in-2010, 2010, magic-and-fantasy, librarybooks
Read from September 14 to October 13, 2010

As the book that is supposed to reveal and finally the answers, it does, to a point. I really don't understand a lot of the elemental, magical theory applied in the city of Elentra. However, I do find that this book does let in some parts I have been pining for. We have someone say they love Kaylin, someone who finally tells some of the motives for actions in past books.
But it still lacks that connection with them, and i still don't know who to root for, am I team Severn? Team Nightshade? Team No one? there are quite a few hanging threads, lost amongst the over talking and talking about the Devouerer. The egg, Nightshade, the Consort, all left unresolved- totally angry-making. In reaction to the past plots, this is more like cast in fury than silence, or courtlight. There is not a real place of the ancients to explore, like the high halls and the tower of Tiamaris. For that I am thankful, but I almost would like to have a book without this main magical storyline. I'd rather read about Margot and the rest of the Elani Streets, or the midwives, and the foundlings. The mid 300 pages were super slow or fast to read, depending on how much elemental analysis is on, or how much discussion of the void or worlds.
I do think the next book will be the long awaited Dragon Court book.

Thoughts for the next volume,
What will the niche be for the travelers? What will happen to the garden now? What will happen in the dragon court?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cast in Chaos.

09/16/2010 page 89
10/01/2010 page 89
18.0% "slow going, as good as these books are, i find them terribly hard to read."
10/05/2010 page 198
39.0% "getting much better..."
show 3 hidden updates…