John's Reviews > Sandman Slim

Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey

M_50x66
Jan 19, 10

Recommended for: those whom like a dark and twisted hell raising revenge story with comedy to boot.
Read in October, 2009

The book was recommended to me by a friend, and the instant I read the first page I was hooked. The book is one chapter, one long chapter. however i never once thought ill of the different style of setup. the story is full of rich action and unique characters which you either learn to love or hate. the basic premise is that you die and then you go to hell. well, sometimes you dont have to die to go to hell and are just dragged there and forced to fight in the hellion pits for over a decade. then you break out of hell back to the real world and decide you have some revenge to take care of. the main character is witty, remorseless, and dangerous. If you like stories full of violence, magic (not harry potter magic i mean fun stuff), explosions, decapitated heads watching tv in a closet and are looking for a magic story with something a bit new, then give sandman slim a try.

readers whom liked the nightside series by green and the dresden files by butcher should enjoy this title

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandman Slim.