Sheree's Reviews > Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Feb 25, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, own, read-in-2010, reviews, urban-fantasy
Read on February 07, 2010 — I own a copy

This was a really quick, fun read and whilst it may not have technically ticked all the boxes I enjoyed it immensely. It's engaging, dark and tense, kind of 'Mean Girls' meets supernatural world.

Claire is a 16 year old brainiac attending college in Morganville Texas, a small town where vampires rule the roost, and there's nothing 'nice' about these vamps. When Claire gets on the wrong side of Monica, queen bitch bee of college, and her life is threatened she desperately seeks off-campus housing at the Glass House. Owned by the mysterious Michael Glass, Claire's other roomies include Eve, a rebellious goth with a caring nature and sarcastic, funny-guy Shane; a highly entertaining mix.

Most of the humans in Morganville have a vampire patron meaning they're protected, but the teens of Glass House are different, they're unprotected by choice and hence ... fair game. Claire and her friends make a deal with the devil to give themselves any chance of survival in 'creepyville' and what follows is a page-turning ride. Just when you think you've got the plot all pegged, Michael's reveal is a tingly surprise.

I have it on good authority from Hannah @ Changing My Definition of Life that this is a series worth continuing on with and she'd know. Hannah read the entire series in a Rachel Caine read-a-fest one week and loved them! Thanks to the cliffhanger ending in Glass Houses and Hannah's enthusiasm I'll be ordering, not just the next book, The Dead Girl's Dance, but as many as I can afford :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.

02/07/2010 page 244