Isalys's Reviews > Pleasure Unbound

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Mar 29, 10

bookshelves: owned, paranormal-romance, favorites
Read from March 01 to 05, 2010

This is the first book in the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione and the first book I've read where a benevolent demon is the male protagonist. Well, I'd never thought I'd find a demon sexy, but..."hubba hubba"!

As one Goodreads member put it, "Buffy Meets ER" :)

Tayla is a member of the Aegis...a group of demon slayers that hunt and destroy all those creatures that go bump in the night. One day during on a routine hunt, she encounters a nasty demon and mid-fight, loses use of half her body leaving her completely vulnerable. Somehow she is transported to a hospital where she is treated by the sexiest doctor she's ever laid eyes on.

Eidolon is no ordinary doctor though. He's a Seminus demon who has dedicated his life to healing and caring for other demons. [FYI - Seminus demons are, in layman terms, SEX demons. As individuals, they each harbor certain abilities that help in the reproductive aid of their kind. You just know this is going to cause some trouble for these two.:] He knows all about human anatomy, but has never treated a human patient in his hospital before - let alone one who's supposed to be his sworn enemy. Going against the advice of his staff and his brothers, he refuses to kill Tayla. Not only is he not a killer, but he's intrigued and drawn to her as well.

Despite Tayla's magnetic attraction to Eidolon she can't and won't trust him. He's a demon after all and aren't all demons evil? Eidolon is damned if he'll be condemned for being evil when he's not and he's going to prove to Tayla that not all demons are vicious, man-eating machines - although some are. Then again, aren't some humans evil too? Together they both learn that the world is not quite so black and white!

In addition to fighting their attraction and dealing with some very rude awakenings, they find out that demons are being slaughtered and their organs are being harvested for the 'demon black market'. Tayla probably wouldn't concern herself with this except for the fact that humans are being implicated - particularly some that she knows.

I had a hard time putting this book down! Not only do you want to know what his going to happen between Tayla & Eidolon as a couple, but as individuals they are very interesting characters. Not to mention all the other characters that I hope to get to know more in the following books. Tayla doesn't just hate demons for no reason...she has a very dark past that has lead her to where she is. Eidolon has had it pretty good up to this point...however, he has a dark future ahead of him if he doesn't take care of business and soon!

What I liked about this story aside from the very interesting & incredibly steamy world that Larissa created is that this story is about finding a balance between good and evil and accepting that the world is not so cut & dry as we'd like to think. Throughout the story, you're tossed between feeling pity for the demons, then feeling pity for the humans; then hating demons then hating humans!

This was a fantastic paranormal romance with lots action, suspense, drama, sarcasm and a few extra helpings of passion!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasure Unbound.

03/03/2010 page 153
39.33% "Hotness!!!" 1 comment
03/04/2010 page 298
76.61% "And it only gets hotter =)"
03/05/2010 page 375
96.4% "I don't want it to end yet =("

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cynthia ohh I put this on my TBR list a while back they look real good

Cynthia YAYYYYY tell me what you think I loved this one I need to read the rest of the series

Isalys I've heard AWESOME things about this series! I'm looking forward to it :)

Cynthia This is the best

Cynthia I love your review!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isalys Thank you my friend =) This one was easy for me to write!

Shirley I just finished the second book in the Lords of Deliverance series and decided I needed to pick up this series before I go any further. I'm lovin' the Horsemen but there is so much cross over between the series I need to get to know these demons too. Darn these creative, imaginative authors and their steamy PNR series! LOL!

Isalys Shirley wrote: "I just finished the second book in the Lords of Deliverance series and decided I needed to pick up this series before I go any further. I'm lovin' the Horsemen but there is so much cross over betwe..."

I need to hop on the Deliverance train, lol. I have book one but haven't started that one yet. I'm wondering if I should finish the Demonica series first since I still have books 4 & 5 to read?

Darn these authors is right, hehe ;)

Shirley OMG Isa! I am so crazy about this book! I can't believe I started the Lords of Deliverance series first. I stayed up until after 1 last night and only stopped reading because I was falling asleep and didn't want to miss anything. LOL! I've read 1&2 in the Deliverance books and love them too, but I think I'm gonna barrel through this series before I continue. *sjgh* I really need to start paying attention before I pick up a book.