Ronyell's Reviews > Arthur's Pet Business (Arthur Adventure Series)

Arthur's Pet Business (Arthur Adventure Series) by Marc Brown

Apr 07, 10

bookshelves: animal-books, marc-brown
Read in February, 2009

“Arthur’s Pet Business” is one of the “Pal the Puppy” trilogies in the “Arthur” series written by Marc Brown. This time, Arthur has his hands full as he tries to start a pet business to prove to his parents that he is responsible enough to own a puppy. “Arthur’s Pet Business” is truly a great book for children to learn about the importance of responsibility.

Marc Brown has done it again in detailing Arthur’s latest dilemma by using the topic of responsibility. Marc Brown gives the readers a chance to learn about the importance when Arthur learns to be responsible as he tries to take care of other people’s pets. This situation proves to be a good insight for children who want to learn about what it takes to take care of pets and how it is important to be responsible with your pets so that your pets can live to be healthy and safe in the long run. Marc Brown’s illustrations are creative as he makes Arthur look like a humanoid version of an aardvark who wears a yellow sweater and blue jeans. I also love the way that Marc Brown illustrates Perky the dog as a mean-looking and prudish dog with sharp fangs and wild looking hair, which indicates that she is truly a monster not to be dealt with.

“Arthur’s Pet Business” is the perfect story about the responsibility of taking care of a pet and how hard work has its own rewards. I would recommend this book to children ages four and up since I do not see anything inappropriate about this book.

From my Epinions Review:
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Arthur's Pet Business (Arthur Adventure Series).