valee's Reviews > Graceling

2320890
Dec 10, 11

bookshelves: 50-fav-series, 200-fav-reads, young-adults
Read from June 15 to 17, 2010 — I own a copy

Well, this book was definitely a huge surprise. I mean, I knew I would like it big time because there wasn't a single person who didn't give a 5 star review to this book, but I never though I would like it this much.

It was such a different and original world. I loved the idea of the Gracelings. Specially the heroine's grace. I had forgotten how a good YA's story should be like. This book had everything I usually look for in my reads covered: amazing world building, great plot developing and very interesting characters. I loved that even though there was some fiction in it, with people being graced and all, you could still feel that it was real.

I loved this strong, skilled heroine. I adore strong and capable heroines who are much stronger than everybody else, and with ass-kicking powers. I know, it sounds silly, but every time I read a book with these type of heroines I feel great,lol. Although I hated that she didn't want to get married, ever. But well, at the end it did not influence on my rating,lol.

Overall, an amazing read and definitely recommended by me. Enjoy.
17 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graceling.

06/16 page 50
11.0% "Amazing beginning. This type of book is just what I needed. Maybe YA don't have real romance in it, but the plot development is always great." 3 comments
06/17 page 50
11.0% "OMG, I wish I could have more time just to keep reading this amazing book. But I don't, so unfair! lol."
06/17 page 390
83.0% "This got even better,lol."
02/29 marked as: read

Julie Katsa and Po are fantastic. It's quite a heart felt book! Fire wasn't as good, but I still liked it. Kristin Cashore writes very character driven books.

valee Can't wait. Everybody seems to be talking about it and that motivates me to read it even more. Thanks Julie!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Look forward to hearing what you think! I LOVE Katsa and Po!

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Yay! Your reading it! Let me know what you think, chica.

valee Sure, can't wait!lol.

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Great review, Lady Vale! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty cool at the middle-ish part where we found the truth about Katsa's grace. But was it just me or did the ending seem really anticlimactic?

valee I know. That's the only reason why I didn't add it to my 6 stars shelf. I mean that ending was like WTF?!!!

I was so sure she would change her mind at the end, but well... :/
I even thought we would have another book with them and there she was going to get married, but I guess not...

Julie Anderson Graceling is one of my favorite books! It was one of the few books that stayed with me long after I read it. I agree what you said about Katsa's strength, but I also liked how Po was not only strong but possessed a vulnerability not often found in these kind of stories and, in my opinion, made their relationship more relatable.

message 9: by Isalys (new) - added it

Isalys Just stopping by to say Hiiii =) Have a wonderful weekend!

valee Hi! You too! LOL.