Bryce's Reviews > Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government

Arguing with Idiots by Glenn Beck

U 50x66
Jan 14, 10

Great information! I'm very glad/relieved to finally see sources for what Glenn has been talking about--I think it gives him a little more credibility.

I've decided, though, that I'm not totally in line with some of what he often argues in the book (does that mean I'm an idiot?) For instance, I'm not sold on the education vouchers idea. He argues that it will dramatically increase the qualities of schools, which may be possible, but I think it's more likely to get schools marketing for students and increasing similar overhead. I think the other fallout is that it will increase the rate of sub-par homeschooling. If a mom wants an extra $8,000 or so a year (tax free), all she has to do is pull her kids out of school, collect the cash, and do nothing more than drop a book in her kid's lap. That's just an example.

This is a very worthwhile read and even if you hate Glenn, I'd encourage you to use an open mind and evaluate the evidence given objectively to at least broaden your understanding of American liberty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Arguing with Idiots.