Kelly H. (Maybedog)'s Reviews > Among the Living

Among the Living by Jordan Castillo Price

More of a novella than a novel but a good first book. I enjoyed it immensely. The love story is sweet and all the characters are interesting. I love the main character's insecurities, although he makes himself sound like he isn'5 good at anything except seeing ghosts which is just automatic not a skill in his mind. I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him everything is okay and that he has a million things to offer the world. I didn't like how closeted he is but I think it's probably pretty normal in the police force. I'm glad the author made the love interest out and proud in same force (though different precinct).

The mystery is adequate and parts weren't predictable. I was also pleased that things aren't all wrapped up in a tidy little bow at the end. I can't wait to read more and find out what happens next. Having the books linked with at least subplots is what makes for a good series. Hopefully the rest measure up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Living.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly H. (Maybedog) (last edited Aug 22, 2012 03:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly H. (Maybedog) I'm taking advantage of the deal right now where all six books and short stories in the series are $29 and change. Basically that's the first book free and 10% off the rest.See the psycop website for details.

Nancy Glad you liked it, Kelly. This is one of my favorite series.