Melissa Rose's Reviews > Curse of the Spider King

Curse of the Spider King by Wayne Thomas Batson

F 50x66
Jan 13, 2010

This book has believable protagonists, nightmarish villains, and a lot of action. A major strength of this book is a cast of characters I could identify with. Although I'm older than the main characters in this book, I can remember facing a lot of the same issues as most of the main characters while I was in middle school, which is quite an accomplishment considering there are seven very different ones.

Somewhat of a concern is the book's large cast, with many characters with similar occupations and not enough distinctions to keep them all straight all the time. As for the seven main kids, their characters were different enough to keep straight, although a couple of their names are similar enough to be confused.

There was one part of this book that lost my interest because there was a main character I couldn't personally identify with very well, but others who have read Curse of the Spider King assure me that this section is in fact interesting to people who are not me.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, intend to reread it, and would especially recommend it for readers who enjoy YA series as it is really only the beginning of a larger story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curse of the Spider King.