kari's Reviews > Dreamhunter

Jan 13, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010, ya
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** What to say about this book?
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't, the plot never took off. The entire story feels like it's all preamble for the next book which is the real story. Most of this could have been told in one or two chapters, not all the wordiness found here. She goes into really minute details of each step the charcter takes, each thought they have, but it's all over, what Rose thinks, what Laura thinks, and Grace and Chorley and Tziga. And why are some of the names so normal and common for the time, but some of them so odd?
The story seems to be going in all different directions. Is it about dreamhunting or some super-natural creature? How are these two things related and since the creature has been around for generations, how does he even connect to the dreamscape?
I wish this one had just been about the sandman, that was where the story became interesting. All of the dreamhunter stuff seemed to be filler to get to that, it didn't add up to much.
I don't mind books with sequels. I do mind when the first book isn't strong enough to be it's own story.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamhunter.