Vickie's Reviews > Dead Ringer

Dead Ringer by Lisa Scottoline

Jan 23, 10

bookshelves: listened-to, booksthatmakemegowow
Read in January, 2010

I take my time between Lisa Scottoline's books so I can savor them one at a time and anticipate the next one in a few months.
I enjoyed my time with DEAD RINGER, it was like being with old friends, Bennie, Mary, Anne, Judy (she of the pink hair). Each has a great, funny, smart, individual personality that works well in their all female law office.
Bennie is having a heckuva week. Her lease payments are way past due, new business is slow, her twin sister has decided this is a good time wreak havoc....then the man from France comes in to ask for her legal assistance in a class action suit, something Bennie's not well versed in. Her team of eager associates urge her to take it on, they'll help. Everything starts to go downhill from there.
The mystery is well told and I was completely taken by surprise (but not unpleasantly so) when the killer was found. There are a few stories going on at the same time, but each one is separate enough so that I didn't lose track.
The above description is correct, Barbara Rosenblat is the perfect voice for Lisa Scottoline's books. I love the Bennie Rosato series, especially the ones featuring Mary DiNunzio and Barbara Rosenblat adds that extra touch of nifty to the experience.
Five fab legal beans......

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Ringer.