Jess's Reviews > Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary

Twilight Zone by Carol Serling

2119409
Nov 18, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites, science-fiction, genre-anthologies
Read from November 03 to 08, 2014

I originally read this book 4 years ago and fell madly in love with it. I came back to revisit it and love it even more after revisiting it.

Each story has the spirit of the original series despite different tones, themes, and fantastical elements. If you enjoy a good story and can handle some ideas outside our reality, this is a must-read.

My original review is below in itallics.

Always a fan of the original TV show and a fan of some of the writers (Kelley Armstrong, R. L Stine), I thought this anthology would be great fun. This is now one of my favorite books.

The themes and tones of the stories vary greatly but the quality of the writing doesn’t. If you were a fan of the TV show, this book would be a great read since about 85% of the stories would translate very well into an episode of the original series. A Haunted Houre of Her Own has a note of humor as well as fear, On the Road has a note of hope that many people need these days, The Good Neighbor has the darkness and redemption that was typical of many of the episodes of The Twilight Zone. Great book and great time of year (October) to read some of these science fiction gems.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight Zone.

09/27 page 45