Erin's Reviews > When Christ and His Saints Slept

When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman

F_50x66
Feb 11, 10

Read from January 18 to February 07, 2010

A coworker of mine has been recommending this series for quite some time and I finally got to it. First impression - it's incredibly dense. It rarely takes me this long to get through a book, but this piece required a great deal of concentration. There were a few story lines I liked better than others. I often wondered if the battle scenes would ever end and was frequently confused by the number of characters. Many of the characters either had the same names or were alternately referred to by their first names or their titles. It was hard to keep up. I did enjoy learning more about the history of the British monarchy. Having just read The White Queen, I was able to identify where many of the characters from that book decended from.

All in all, I enjoyed the book. I think I'll probably pick up the next book in the series eventually, but my brain needs to have some downtime in between!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Christ and His Saints Slept.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Chris Love Watch out
You read this one you will want to read the rest of the series (currently 3 books and she is writing a 4th) and the rest of her books

Erin I know - I have it on hold at the library. I'm going to put the next in the series on hold today.