Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Forbidden Pleasure

bookshelves: erotic-romance, read-in-2010, read-in-2014, read-mar-14
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: nobody
Recommended for: Erotic Romance lovers
Read from March 26 to 27, 2014 — I own a copy, read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** I always enjoy Lora Leigh's books, especially this Bound Hearts series. Forbidden Pleasure was one of her best. We begin with a happily married couple, and see that the character growth helps lessen their insecurities. Warning, there is explicit M/F/M sex in the story. As with the best erotic romances, the relationships are moved forward in the love scenes, and the characters' motivations for their fears and emotions and actions are well-explained. Those who follow the Bound Hearts series may find this a departure from the earlier books as the story is not about the coming together of two people to form a permanent bond through alternative lifestyles with another as temporary assistant, but about the permanent addition of a third friendship/love bond in the couple's affections.

Another departure from earlier books in the series is that there is an excellent outside threat in the plot. I did not guess the villian until the author revealed him. It was very realistic in that the protagonists had very few clues to go on, just as one would in the real world.

A third departure from Leigh's earlier work is that the story does deal with the condemnation of the community at large of the alternative lifestyle chosen by the characters. This shows that the author is just getting better and better. I look forward to more in this vein.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Pleasure.