Alley's Reviews > Home to Big Stone Gap

301903
Oct 31, 2007

liked it
Read in November, 2007

I read this one out of nosiness more than anything else. I've read the previous 3 Big Stone Gap novels for the same reason. They are good reads and follow the life of Ave Maria Mulligan MacChesney. When we met her in the first book she was the town spinster & pharmacist and now she's in her 50's, married and her own daughter has just been married. I've enjoyed finding out what was going on with Ave Maria the same way I would enjoy catching up with an old girlfriend from years past. Plus, I love Adriana Trigiani! I met her once at a signing and she was so vivacious and full of life and she took time to speak with each person in the long line that snaked its way through the aisles in the bookstore and out onto the sidewalk. (Granted, this was a small local bookseller, not a giant chain, but still.) I fell in love with her warmth and spirit all the way. I can't wait to see Adriana's film adaptation of Big Stone Gap. It shouldn't be disappointing because Adriana has written the screenplay and will direct it too. Plus, this story is set in my beloved Virginia!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home to Big Stone Gap.