Holly's Reviews > Mine Till Midnight

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Jul 13, 10

bookshelves: 2010, historical-romance, romance, keepers, incendiary-leading-men, my-dream-men, obsessively-readable, re-reads, favorites, steam-level-5-scorching
Recommended for: All fans of historical romance with incendiary leading men
Read from January 12 to 14, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

5++ Stars
*All Time Favorite Book List*

If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. I honestly haven't enjoyed a book this much in AGES. Cam Rohan is now firmly planted very close to the top of my list of all time favorite leading men.

The chemistry between Cam & Amelia is just breathtaking. I have always been a sucker for an Alpha male, and Cam is about as Alpha as they come. When he finally sets his mind to having Amelia, he won't let anyone or anything stand in his way. He's fierce, compelling, intense and sexy as hell and Amelia is helpless to resist his charm...and I definitely can relate.

This was my first experience reading Lisa Kleypas, and I have to admit I picked a great one to start with. From the first page, this book sucked me into the storyline, and the beautifully detailed world of the characters.

I have to point out something that many of the author's fans know all too well; Lisa Kleypas not only writes a hero to die for...but she has a knack for creating the most beautifully erotic love scenes I have ever read. She has said in the past that when she writes love scenes she choreographs them down to the last detail, and it's obvious that she does just that. She somehow manages to create toe-curling encounters without ever going too far in her descriptions. Her dialogue is always perfect...no eye-rolling or giggling, the way I have found myself doing while reading love scenes in other books. She knows how to mix romantic with scorchingly hot like no one else.

LK cares about every aspect of her novels, and it shows. Which is one of the many reasons she has such a devoted following. I for one consider myself lucky to include myself among them.

**Read more of my reviews at my book blog**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine Till Midnight.

Quotes Holly Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“Rohan's fingertips drifted with stunning delicacy over her throat, behind her ear, pushing into the satiny warmth of her hair. "You are an interesting woman Amelia."

Gooseflesh rose wherever his breath touched. "I can't f-fathom why you would think so."

His playful mouth traced the wing of her brow. "I find you thoroughly, deeply interesting. I want to open you like a book and read every page." A smile curved the corners of his lips as he added huskily, "Footnotes included.”
Lisa Kleypas, Mine Till Midnight

01/12/2010 page 1
0.27% "My first Kleypas book. I've read a series of clunkers, and need something that grabs me right away. *sigh*" 4 comments
01/13/2010 page 88
23.4% "REALLY good so far. :)"
01/13/2010 page 148
39.36% "God, Cam is making my toes curl..." 7 comments
07/12/2010 page 22
6.0% "Re-read. :)"
07/12/2010 page 103
29.0% "God, I love this book. And I LOVE Cam. <3"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Cam is really something, isn't he? LK has the Midas touch with heroes.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Oh, Holly, you have a lot of great heroes to look forward to with LK's books.

Holly Lady Jayne wrote: "Oh, Holly, you have a lot of great heroes to look forward to with LK's books. "

Yay! :D

♥ Beth Great review Holly!!

Holly ♥ Beth wrote: "Great review Holly!!"

Thank you so much, Beth! :)

message 6: by Mahyar (last edited Jun 10, 2010 04:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mahyar Glad you like it, Holly. It'll probably be my next Lisa Kleypas read, after Secrets of a Summer Night(Which is amazing so far.)

Rane Great Review Holly, Cam stole the show in this book!

Holly Cam will always be one of my all time favorite leading men. *swoon*