Kaitlyn 's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Dec 30, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2011

I had high hopes for this book, not only because everyone said it was amazing, but because the first book was fantastic. This book totally blew me away like I knew it would. I loved how everything went along. You got to see alot more of the other characters, especially Gale. I am still Team Peeta :)The ending was a definite cliffhanger but it made me want to read the third book super bad!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

Quotes Kaitlyn Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Look, if you wanted to be babied you should have asked Peeta.”

Suzanne Collins
“Peeta, how come I never know when you're having a nightmare?” I say.

“I don't know. I don't think I cry out or thrash around or anything. I just come to, paralyzed with terror,” he says.

“You should wake me,” I say, thinking about how I can interrupt his sleep two or three times on a bad night. About how long it can take to calm me down.

“It's not necessary. My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I'm okay once I realize you're here.”

Suzanne Collins
“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.”

09/10/2011 page 90
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cheyla heck yes!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

What was the first book about, Kait?

Kaitlyn Its basically a post-apocalyptic story set in North America. We have been seperated into 12 districts and a corrupt Capitol controls everyone. To prevent an uprising the hold The Hunger Games every year. In this game one boy and one girl from each district are chosen to fight to the death. Really awesome series!

message 4: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Was mocking jay sad kait?

Kaitlyn Nia wrote: "Was mocking jay sad kait?"

message 6: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Kaitlyn wrote: "Nia wrote: "Was mocking jay sad kait?"

Yes, there were actually a lot of sad moments. But then again, it was very realistic so it worked out."

Oh okay are you thinking of making any YouTube videos today?

message 7: by Shana (new) - added it

Shana I had this book on hold at the library but never got around to picking it up. Hopefully I get to read it soon. I read the 1st book back in 2010 and I really liked it.

ThisIsMyName Abby Peeta ftw!