Jeff Yoak's Reviews > Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand

Objectivism by Leonard Peikoff

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: audio-collection, read-in-2007, read-in-1992, read-in-1993, read-in-1996, read-in-2012, physical-on-hand
Read from March 28 to April 24, 2012, read count: 5

2012 Reading
It was a delight revisiting this book. It has been a long time since I've methodically considered all of Objectivism straight through. I was surprised how many new thoughts re-reading triggered, particularly in metaphysics and epistemology.

I was also captivated by the historical perspective thinking back to reading this book immediately after it was published. Nowadays, everyone knows and understands the logical structure of Objectivism and understands its various parts and how they relate. It's just background knowledge. Having started to learn Objectivism before this book, it is easy to forget how much more difficult it was when you had an in-depth treatment of part of epistemology, scattered, often highly polemical essays, and the best statement of some fundamental points was still a novel. This book was an amazing accomplishment that it is easy to overlook in a modern context.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Objectivism.