Denise's Reviews > Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde

F 50x66
Jan 11, 10

Jasper Fforde is at the top of his game with Shades of Grey. In this glimpse into the future our world has become Chromatacia and land ruled by the Colortocracy. Social standing, jobs, and marriages are all decided based on what color and how much of it you can see. The story follows Eddie Russett, a Red on his way up in the world until he makes a mistake and gets sent to the Outer Fringes. There he meets Jane, a sarcastic Grey, who questions all the Rules and soon has Eddie looking at the world in a whole new way.

Fforde has created a stunningly complete new world with no detail lacking. His imagination has no bounds! The wit and sarcasm are hilarious, but there is a darker side to this book that gives the story an interesting depth.

I enjoyed Shades of Grey at least as much as Fforde's other books. If you are already a fan you will like this latest novel, if you've never read Jasper Fforde you are in for a treat! It definitely has its laugh out loud moments and I'm anxious to see where Eddie and Jane go next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Grey.