Cameron England's Reviews > The Return of the King

The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Return of the King.

message 1: by Megan (last edited Jan 11, 2010 07:48PM) (new)

Megan Yes yes read it! It will complete you! =-)

Things I Wanted to Say Today that the Situation Just Didn't Allow for, by Megan Crookes

1. January is National Stalking Awareness Month. I just wanted you to be aware of this. I am sure many creepy allusions and jokes will follow. I may laugh uncomfortably and you may as well.

2. We had meatloaf for dinner last night. I actually really-for-real was curious about meatloaf and so I wikipedia'd it. I remember once we discovered that we had wiki'd Peter Jackson the same night, and I was just wondering if you also have recently wiki'd meatloaf out of curiousity.

3. If you haven't, I just wanted you to know that meatloaf originated in the 5th century. To make meatloaf you need meat but also something to use as a binding for the ingredients, which reminded me of sympathy in The Name of the Wind. One popular binding is eggs and breadcrumbs, while others prefer to use oats.

4. My mom said that I have a very handsome friend. To clarify, she was referring to you, and not to some other random friend who was recently at our house. Because that would just be excessive. I'm guessing you wisely didn't mention anything about tarps, daggers, or our organized crime circle. Or being a shady doctor. I was very mature about the whole thing and ate my cereal in silence. Then I hid in my room until it was time to go to ekklesia. C'est la vie.

5. I bought A Game of Thrones at Smith Family today. But I have a lot of reading homework to do for school. I'm estimating that I will need at least 2 weeks before I can start it.

6. You should fix up the loft and put a puzzle or something up there. That was pretty neat. Also that would be a good place to hide a treasure chest or a priceless piece of parchment.

When I passed you by the bike wall, I wanted to say something intelligent and meaningful, something that would make me look like I had street cred. I tried to think of some exciting escapade I could refer back to, something fun I did over the weekend--"I had such fun on Saturday; I went out to coffee with a fr-- oh wait, that was you!" =-) So I grasped for something else to say, and those were the only things I could think of. None seemed quite logical, so when I said, "Um, anyway," and walked away, that is what I meant. =-)

Have a good week Cameron!