Aditi J's Reviews > Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

F 50x66
Jan 13, 2010

The book, Confessions of a Shopoholic by Sophie Kinsella, tells a horrifying story of a shopping addict who obtains a severe debt. Her name is Rebecca Bloomwood, and she cannot stop purchasing things. Clothes, bags, shoes, makeup, you name it. Her problem is clearly revealed in this book, but the cause of it comes from her childhood. As quoted in the movie, "When I was 7 most of my friends stopped believing in magic. That's when I first started. They were beautiful, they were happy. They didn't even need any money, they had magic cards." She obviously envies these people and believes that they would never fall into any trouble if they used the so-called "magic cards" (credit cards). Another cause of her addiction most likely comes from the probability of her not having nice things as a child, and because of that, she craves them as an adult. Rebecca just wants the happiness of obtaining the finer goods in life. But little does she realize that those cards aren't so magical after all. This book tells a delightfully interesting tale of the consequences of being a shopoholic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Shopaholic.