Tamara's Reviews > Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time

Web Copy That Sells by Maria Veloso

Jan 11, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: web-content, work, non-fiction
Read in January, 2010

Should have requested the newer edition...

Though I think this offers some useful tips, the tone is very much that of a salesperson who is trying to manipulate people to do what s/he wants. I know that this tone turns me off, and I imagine it does for others as well. If you're going to manipulate people, you should be less obvious about it!

Useful tips:

Write editorial headlines instead of advertising headlines: 9 Facts You Must Know about Hair Products vs. Buy This Hair Product Now! (People come to the web first for information and facts, then to buy.)

Always give a reason why your reader should do something.

Offer a "What's in it for me?" sentence, such as "Intel's new microprocessor for mobile PCs has a speed of 2GB, which means that you can play online games wherever you go."

To build headlines: arouse curiosity ("Words that Command People to Do Your Bidding"), begin with the word "how to", ask a question or use the imperative voice ("Land a better job.")

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Web Copy That Sells.

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca When I sign out of Yahoo mail, I see the articles, and I always click on "6 reasons to..." or "5 signs that..."