Kate's Reviews > When a Man Loves a Weapon

When a Man Loves a Weapon by Toni McGee Causey

Jul 26, 2010

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, hot-guys-with-guns, ridiculous-romance-titles
Read from January 16 to 17, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** Update: After the second read I have to up my rating to five stars! Man, I love this series so much! And this book is as great as the rest, I can't wait to find out what happens!!

I'm starting to see that BF's reaction to the 30-mill had more to do with her inability to really accept Trevor at that point and to draw a line between him and Cam. I think she was looking for a reason to push him away, but I'm glad she got through it! :) (IE I am glad she didn't react like she did with the Lori Ann drunk driving situation, it's starting to sound like she really used that as a reason to spit venom at Cam, and Cam did not hesitate to spit it right back. So glad that Trevor had more forethought to step back and give BF the choice, which Cam still hasn't been able to do.)

First Review: I really liked this book as the first two, it was an exciting read and I just fell further in love with Bobbie Faye and Trevor. I give this one four stars instead of five because I did find the end of the novel incredibly stressful and I had no idea what was going to happen between my favorite couple! Because seriously, Trevor > Cam times a million. Finding out more about Trevor's family in the end was extremely interesting though and I can't wait to see how that all plays out! I imagine you might have a drama-filled wedding coming up, as it would only be in Bobbie Faye style.

The thing that bugged me, about Bobbie Faye mostly in this book, she was soooo angry about Trevor not telling her about the 30 million dollars. Are you kidding me? She had voluntarily not told either of them about her father's side of the family, which was *also* wealthy. Granted both men gathered it on their own, but still, it's not like BF was entirely fourth coming about her family either. I am also shocked that BF was so... well material about it, because IMHO 30 million would not have bothered me at all. Especially if I knew the circumstances, maybe Trevor should have explained his situation, but still, I think she royally over reacted.

But lets forget about that! This book had some great scenes, great action sequences and was a pleasure to read! I am excited for another book, hopefully we'll see one soon. I think I might have to pass on the upcoming prequel that's coming out, because I have very little interest in reading Bobbie Faye/Cam.

Team Trevor!! ;)
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Man Loves a Weapon.

07/26/2010 page 167
47.0% "I love this series, rereading! It’s less stressful now that i know what the outcome will be XD"