Nely's Reviews > Jacob

Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank

Feb 16, 10

bookshelves: borrowed
Read in January, 2010

Jacob is the first in The Nightwalkers Series. He's an elder, over 600 years old, and the Enforcer of his demon brethren. He is the only one who can uphold justice when a demon is overtaken by the madness. A madness that will lead them down a path that can eventually harm the human that they become obsessed with. For humans are forbidden to demons - punishable by the Enforcer himself. Jacob has never succumbed to the madness himself - but when a tiny, spitfire by the name of Isabella literally falls into his arms he had no idea his whole world was about to change - and that he would be the one that would be breaking the rules.

Isabella was the perfect match for Jacob. Where he is calm - she is explosive. I absolutely loved her character. She was downright funny at times and I definitely found myself laughing out loud more than once. I loved their interactions, dialogue and, of course, romantic interludes. I am a big fan of paranormal/soulmate romances, and this one fit the bill. Bella's encounters with the Demon kind was great because you go on the journey with her. Every new discovery is a thrill to her as well as to you as the reader. There was plenty of action (and I mean that in more than one way ::wink-wink::). With the threat of Necromancers and Jacob and Bella trying to save themselves and their friends, there was never a dull moment. I loved the introduction to most of the characters you will be encountering within the upcoming books (i.e. Gideon, Noah, Elijah, Magdalegna, etc.) I think out of all 5 books this was my favorite. Although one of the one's with the most action, it also was the one with the lightest feel to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jacob.

message 1: by Isalys (new) - added it

Isalys Sounds hawt!! Definitely adding it to my TBR ;o)

message 2: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke Edwards Sounds like Twilight, Jacob and Isabella? I am guessing this was published after Twilight was? The author was probably smart in doing this to try to grab reader's attention who were hungry for more Twilight. I am guessing from the cover that it is far more adult than Twilight though, I'll probably give it a shot!

message 3: by Nely (last edited Jan 12, 2010 01:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nely It was published in 2006 - not really sure when Twilight was published. I will say it's way steamier and really has no comparisons since there aren't any vamps (at least none of the main characters are), except for the names. I really liked it... sighs. Just started 2nd book in the series, because I couldn't help my naughty nature overtaking my reading goals for the week. :p

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to read this book it's on my TBR pile

Nely Cynthia wrote: "I have to read this book it's on my TBR pile"

You'll love it!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Nely wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "I have to read this book it's on my TBR pile"

"

I read this book back in 07 and ended up reading the entire series in 09 this was a great book as well as a really good series J Frank rocked this one :)

Nely Ebone wrote: "Nely wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "I have to read this book it's on my TBR pile"

"

I totally agree. My friend has been ranting and raving about these for a couple of months now and I finally succumbed and asked her to lend me the first one. Needless to say, I came back a day later and requested the rest of series. I think I read them all within a week 1/2 tops. :D They were addictive, to say the least.