valee's Reviews > Smooth Talking Stranger

Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas

2320890
Jan 28, 10

bookshelves: 200-fav-reads, cont-romance, 50-fav-series

It's just wrong for a book to be so good. I loved it. It just doesn't make sense that one same author can write so many 5 stars books.

Ella was an amazing character. Everything about her was interesting and fascinating. I loved the fact that even though she suffer a lot during her childhood, she got over it and was able to become a strong, independent and intresting woman. She was so funny. I loved every time she talked of Luck as a boyfriend or a reason for Dane to be jealous, so funny.

Then it comes Jack. JACK. What can I say? If I would have to describe my dream-guy he would be it. I've read a lot of books, but until now I had never wished for a character to be real. I guess the problem with this books is that the characters feel so real that you just want them to be.
Jack was the most sexy,sweet and manly man I have ever read about.

And the relationship between them was amazing. You can see right away why they belong together. They complement each other so well. This was is going to my top-faves shelf.

I wish LK would publish Joe's story. It doesn't feel right that he's the only brother who isn't getting a book. I don't get why she isn't publishing when so many people adore this series and would kill to have more books in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smooth Talking Stranger.

01/26/2010 page 38
10.8% "good so far. As all Kleypas's books are."
01/27/2010 page 290
82.39% "If JACK could be real, I would be married already. It's due to books like this why I can't find real guys my age interesting. LOL" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ally72 Hi Vale...What did you think about "Blue Eyed Devil?" I liked "Smooth Talking Stranger" too...Jack is wonderful!

valee I liked it, although not as much as I did Sugar Daddy. The first book was way better than the second. I felt all the time that I wanted more Hardy and I wasn't getting it, LOL. Igot a bit frustrated, LOL.

And Haven wasn't my kind of heroine.

message 3: by Ally72 (last edited Jan 26, 2010 10:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally72 I agree with you about all of it...I still really liked it and it was so much better than most books that are written. I think we are not alone with wanting to hear more of Hardy's point of view. i guess it is a compliment to LK that she can create such wonderful characters that people can't get enough of!

valee That's what I like about her series. You get suck into a new world where every character is important and you wanna read their story. I would totally read a story about Liberty's sister and about Churchill.

Ally72 Yes! I thought there might be a future book for Liberty's sister and the youngest Churchill son (Joe...I think his name was). You probably already know this, but LK is going to be starting a new contemporary series set off the San Juan Islands in Washington. I am sure it will be wonderful, but I still think a couple of more books could have been written about the Travis family...I can't get enough!

valee I didn't know that. Won't there be any more books for the Travises's series? What about Joe? He should have his own book!

Ally72 LK said somewhere that she wasn't planning on a book about Joe, but might reconsider since so many people have been asking her about it. Although, it will come after the San Juan Islands books and I am just wondering if that will really happen...I hate to sound negative, but I am doubtful. I couldn't believe that Liberty's sister wouldn't have a book when she grows up too, but there hasn't been any talk of it. I am not ready to give the Travis family up yet!!!

valee I definitely need more Travises. LOL I hope she get's more books in those series. I don't think though, she'll publish that new series any time soon because she will be doing book 4 and 5 in the Hattaways's this year.

Ally72 I think you are right...I haven't seen any publication dates for her new contemporary series so it will be awhile...sigh! I am really looking forward to the new Hathaways so it will be fun to have them to read!

valee I can't wait to read Leo's story, I know it will be awesome.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I haven't read this series'... YET, but I plan to. It's amazing how Lisa Kleypas gives us book after book of perfectly imperfect heroes and stories worthy of them!

message 12: by valee (last edited Jan 29, 2010 04:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

valee Vale wrote: "I can't wait to read Leo's story, I know it will be awesome."

I loved the travises series, you must read it! It is amazing! You'll love it. I wasn't sure if I should read it because it was contemporary romance, but I'm grateful I did.

Ronyell Great review Vale!!! I really want to see Joe's book too!

Jessica Looks like Joe is getting his HEA! "Brown-Eyed Girl" 2014.

Ronyell Jessica wrote: "Looks like Joe is getting his HEA! "Brown-Eyed Girl" 2014."

Really?! That's great!!! I can't wait to check it out!!!