Wes Locher's Reviews > Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need

Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need by Dave Barry

Jan 10, 2010

bookshelves: essays, humor, 2010-reads
Recommended for: fans of other Dave Barry books

This is one of those books that I read in just one or two sittings. It was that good (and that short). Anytime a friend or loved one of mine is going on vacation or traveling for business, I encourage them to read this book prior to their departure. They almost never do, but that's their loss.

Most critics will agree that this is Barry's best book (followed closely by "Greatest Hits"). Of the Barry titles that I have read, I would tend to agree. It's very cohesive and contains illustrations that add a dash of extra hilarity to his writing.

The section where he details every state in the USA (They're Progressive!) is worth the cover price. The way he details foreign countries that he has (and hasn't) visited are hilarious as he tends to play a lot on stereotypes, but I would read the designated section for visiting any of them to see if I agree.

If you've read anything by Dave Barry before, you know what you are going to get. A quick read, a lot of laughs, and a desire for more.

Also recommended: "Dave Barry's Greatest Hits" & "Dave Barry is Not Making this Up."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need.

02/10 marked as: read