Tracy's Reviews > Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter by Jayne Castle

Jan 15, 10

bookshelves: fluff, audio-assault
Read in January, 2010

Okay, let's get the good(ish) stuff in first: The premise was interesting and the story kept me invoved just enough that I finished the book to see/hear how it all turned out.

The few Jayne Ann Krentz books that I read have the same 'feel'; apparently the formula, whether in an historical or a futuristic setting, works well enough to keep readers returning.

Now, as to the abridgement. Oh. My. Stars. The absolute WORST abridgement that I can recall hearing - EVER. It's like the author scribbled down some high points/notes for the producer and then that was what was recorded. I'd be very surprised if anyone at Brillliance Audio actually listened to the book after the narration wrapped.

HUGE holes in the story. Massive CHASMS of missing information. Seriously. I went back and listened to the last half of the 3rd (of 4) cd because the beginnning of the 4th totally lost me. I thought maybe I'd skipped some tracks and that's why I had no idea what was going on (no, I hadn't skipped - the STORY did).

The woo-woo part is what draws me into these stories, but they really aren't my thing (abridged or not). I need to stop being sucked in by the promise of paranormal thrills and remember that this author pens romance novels with a whiff of psychic energy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Hunter.