Tammy's Reviews > Divine Misdemeanors

Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jan 24, 10

bookshelves: own, paranormal-romance, fantasy, urban-fantasy
Read from January 15 to 24, 2010 — I own a copy

The newest addition to the Merry Gentry series was okay. It was an entertaining, fast read, but there was too much drama, which do little to further the storyline. It was more romance than fantasy with only a dash dedicated to the 'murder of the day' and even less to character / world building. I liked that the men were far less clingy, needy than they have been in some of the past books, and the repetitiveness in the writing also was less pronounced (but still present -- Both the 'talking about what I'm going to talk about before talking about it', e.g. 'I realized that his hair was tangling in the wind like mine had earlier. "Rhys's hair tangles in the wind," I said. ...' followed by half of a page of dialog about whose hair does or does not tangle ..., and introducing the same facts multiple times, e.g. the explanation / reminder that Frost use to be 'little Jackie Frost' happened five(+) times throughout the course of the book.).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Misdemeanors.