Christina's Reviews > In Search of Satisfaction

F 50x66
Apr 12, 2011

bookshelves: 52-books-in-52-weeks
Read from March 30 to April 08, 2011

This was the first full novel I read by J. California Cooper. Initially I was disappointed to find that this was not a collection of short stories, but I soon became enthralled with the drama of the Krupt and Befoe families.

These families and the people surrounding them were all in search of some type of satisfaction, and they did not care how they got the satisfaction. These people went out of their way to be devious, sneaky, conniving, mean, and downright hateful. The devil was prevalent all through this book, and seemed to be ever present whenever someone wanted something, or tried to get over on another person. The devil showed how easy it was to get people to do anything for a little bit of money, and it was just disgusting to see how much people relied on having money for security. Money is truly the root of all evil.

However, a few people actually found pure satisfaction, and it was a joy to see them be truly happy.

This book kept me engaged, excited, and involved in the lives of all the characters. I was rooting for some, and hoping the worst for others, but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this story; it made me analyze my own journey of searching for satisfaction.

It is amazing how our own journey of satisfaction can either by influenced or shared by others. Your values and morals should be in a good place when you want true happiness and satisfaction.

I would rate this book a 4. I would recommend this book to everyone, especially to J. California Cooper readers.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Search of Satisfaction.

03/31 page 37