Adam's Reviews > Florida Roadkill

Florida Roadkill by Tim Dorsey

M 50x66
Jan 09, 10

Read in June, 2007

You can only continue reading this review if you promise to leave you judgements at the door...everyone deserves to see how the other side lives...and writes. I generally lean towards non-fiction books - from the political side over to the self-help genre - but every once in a while I will venture into the world of fiction, and Dorsey's early work is first-rate.

So, now we can get down to business...this was the first in a ten book series (might be more now) of one of the most underrated fictional characters of all time, Mr. Serge A. Storms. Though it does have its intermittent, egregious venereal episodes, just breeze over them and carry on because it is one of the funnier books I have ever read. It was a great opening book for the series, with superb character development, and best of all was an easy read that will most definitely leave you wanting to pick up the series' next book - Hammerhead Ranch Motel, then Orange Crush (the only one thats a little dull in the early books), then the unofficial Pulitzer Award winning pair, Triggerfish Twist and Stingray Shuffle...which are quite possibly the funniest books ever written. After that the series kind of took a downward turn for me, but Dorsey's early work - from Florida Roadkill thru Stingray Shuffle - is absolutely priceless and a must read for anyone who has ever lived, or stepped foot in The Sunshine State.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Florida Roadkill.