Sharon's Reviews > Heart and Soul

Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy

Jan 20, 10

Read in December, 2009

I just love Binchy. No fancy footwook with the prose or the narrative. No perversion, abuse, or violence. No conspiracy theories or biblical ramifications. Just straight forward story-telling about people you might actually like to sit down and have a meal with. Brings back some characters from previous novels (not sure which ones - I really need "Cliff Notes" for pop literature) and introduces some new people. Very few authors write everyday people as well as Binchy does. A gre...more I just love Binchy. No fancy footwook with the prose or the narrative. No perversion, abuse, or violence. No conspiracy theories or biblical ramifications. Just straight forward story-telling about people you might actually like to sit down and have a meal with. Brings back some characters from previous novels (not sure which ones - I really need "Cliff Notes" for pop literature) and introduces some new people. Very few authors write everyday people as well as Binchy does. A great pleasure to curl up with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart and Soul.