Roseann's Reviews > The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett

Jan 09, 10

Read in January, 2010

So I was intrigued by the title, found out it's about rare book theft across the USA. While I found it very interesting and it was well-written, I though it lacked the excitement that an escape-read usually provides. I mostly felt sad for the confused author/journalist who found herself dealing with a person, a criminal, who was clearly out of her league. I did find that the book left more questions than answers and I wanted to know more about the outcome of this thief and why the law could not stop him. His luck seems to have been his only friend, but he is still on the loose, stealing from libraries, destroying, hiding or re-selling our literary and historical treasures, guilt-free, and for nothing more than his own pleasure. Could not read this book again if I tried....too sad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Loved Books Too Much.