Andrea's Reviews > The Naughty List

The Naughty List by Suzanne Young

Jan 10, 10

Read in January, 2010

This book was another quick, cute read. When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about something completely different. But a story about cheerleaders who are spies on the side to catch cheaters? I'm in! It was nice to read about cheerleaders in positive way. Most stories show all cheerleaders as airheaded (and coming from a girl who spent her whole childhood cheering, knows this isn't true!) I do have to say that the way Tessa spoke bothered me. Everything was all "Strawberry smoothie" and other cutesy words instead of cussing. That's not very realistic. But other than that, I loved that Tessa was portrayed as being smart, and enjoyed it.

I also really liked Aiden. He seemed so sweet (although I have to admit, at times I thought that it was going to come out that he was gay or something) and he was so into Tessa. And I thought one of the other cheerleaders, Kira, was adorable. She was always there for Tessa and I just really liked her personality.

As for the plot--some of it was far-fetched. I can't really see high school girls going all high tech and climbing up houses to catch cheaters, but the main idea was fun. And it made me feel paranoid! Having personally been in a relationship where I was cheated on a bunch, I could completely relate to how paranoid Tessa was feeling about his relationship with another girl.

There were some definite twists and turns in the story that I didn't see coming. And the ending made me sad. I suppose it was supposed to be a happy ending, but it made me feel melancholy and I went up and curled up with my boyfriend. But that didn't stop me from loving the book (not every story has to end the way I think it should, or happily for me to love it). And I can't wait to read the next book in the series, So Many Boys.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Naughty List.

01/09/2010 page 96