Jenna's Reviews > Soul of the Fire

Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind

Jan 09, 10

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, read-prior-to-2008-sometime, read-in-2010
Read in January, 2010

I am on a mission to catch up on this series, since I cannot remember why I stopped reading it in the first place. Also, with the new tv show, I find myself trying to remember what I've read. I vaguely remember the chimes. The big question are in the world or not? Is the magic really failing or not? And what's Zedd up to? These are the questions that Kahlan, Richard, Cara and another figure from Richard's past must answer if they are to save the land of Anderith from the invading army of Jagang.

I find myself liking to return to series, especially longer ones, with decent character development. It's like sitting down and catching up with your friends about what they've been up to for the last ten years or so.

In Kahlan and Richard, but as I am so drawn with the peripheral characters, I like to see what they been doing.

I like Goodkind's style, it's easy, fluid and not overly flowery as some authors can get especially in books of this size. The stories move along, and while there is a conclusion of sorts, you are still left with plenty of questions that makes you want to read the next book.

Not anything that has changed my world, but definitely provided with some lovely hours of imagination. Thanks Mr. Goodkind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul of the Fire.