Eridani's Reviews > Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name

Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name by Vendela Vida

Feb 06, 10

it was ok
Read from February 05 to 06, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This was an OK book, with an OK storyline, but the main character drove me crazy. She was a 28 year old woman acting like a snotty teenager who discovers a secret about herself and then takes off to another country without bothering to tell her fiance', her mentally challenged brother's keepers or even her best friend where she's going. Apparently she never paid attention in school when you're told to ALWAYS tell someone where you're going.
Things don't work out as she expected- so not going into all the pointless details about that, but essentially she finds out that her mother was one big B***h that didnt care about either of her children.
The book had good potential, but fell short in my opinion and the ending just sucked... She never goes home, forgets about her poor brother with Down's Syndrome (why not, everyone else has) and never bothers to tell her fiance' about her big discovery? The next thing you know, she's taken a job in Hong Kong, married some embassy dude and they're raising her child together... Ya know, that brother was probably better off with his care-takers, considering Clarissa turned out so much like her own mother.
Just my opinion... I'm sure someone liked it more than I did...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name.

02/05/2010 page 105