Fictionaljuliet's Reviews > The Briar King

1954603
Jan 09, 10

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in December, 2009

Thanks to Amazon's Kindle Books, I downloaded this for free (on my iPhone, no KIndle here) and was rightfully rewarded for it!

I found this book to be rather enjoyable and engaging, with his fast-paced plot, endless cliff hangers and mysteries, this new world of mysterious powers, brave knights, spunky princesses and beautiful and wise queens. I loved the detailed action, and especially how the characters are so well developed, where even the third person narrative changes tone depending on which of the many characters are the focus of the chapter. One of my biggest pet peeves is a book where all the characters talk and sound the same, despite the supposed differences.

The details of the world, powers, and various peoples can be a bit confusing, as the author is obviously big into language and I just want the plot to move on.

I was happy to discover that there were three more books to the series, and wasted no time in getting the rest. Highly recommend if you want just an enjoyable, engaging read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Briar King.