Jaime's Reviews > Paranoia

Paranoia by Joseph Finder

Jan 09, 10

bookshelves: suspense-thriller

** spoiler alert ** This fun techno-thriller had me anxious to see if my prediction about where it was going would turn out to be true, (it did), and whether the protagonist would figure it out on his own. I know a lot of people don't care for the abrupt denouement, but I felt it was curiously appropriate. **SPOILERS** The main character was filled with self-righteous anger at what had been done to him, yet completely blind to how his whole life he had been doing the same to others, just on a smaller scale. His decision, which isn't on the page, will be determined by whether he makes that connection. Will he finally empathize with all the people he has made fools of over the years, or will he only whine about his own victimization? Will he repent and change, or continue with business as usual on a now much grander scale? What I find almost hilarious is that he was nowhere when the story began, and he is nowhere when it finishes. He has been running like a rat in a maze, a million miles an hour, only to end up right where he started.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranoia.