Amy Snyder's Reviews > For Love

For Love by Sue Miller

F 50x66
Jan 31, 10

Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** SO far this book is not terribly interesting. It is about Lottie and her brother Cam, and their childhood neightbor Elizabeth. Once they are grown, Cam has a relationship with Elizabeth, but Elizabeth's babysitter is killed in an accident with a car driven by Cam. January 30th and I just finished the book, and I can say that I did not enjoy it. For more tha half of the book we do not meet Cam, and then when we do, the guy is a self-centered jerk. I was never extremely impressed with Lottie's character, and I dislike her even more when she is with elizabeth or Cam. The only one I could really relater to was Jack, Lottie's husband. She is such an abrasive woman, and it is never more evident then when she is with her ex-husband and his new family. She is so angry that he asks her if she is going to start another family. I do like her son Ryan, and the caringness he exudes. I was pleased at the end when Lottie chose to go back to Jack (and was also a little happy that she was suffering with a tooth problem). I would not recommend this book to anyone else, and I found it interesting that she gave up on writing her book about love. It seems to me that she has learned nothing of it from page one of this book through the end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Love.