Laren's Reviews > The Eleventh Victim

The Eleventh Victim by Nancy Grace

Jan 20, 10

bookshelves: mysteries
Read in January, 2010

Yes, this book was written by the infamous Nancy Grace of television fame. It is fiction, but there are obviously some resemblances to her real life. Hailey Dean's fiance is killed in a robbery, so she devotes her life to prosecuting criminals. But after one particular serial killer's trial, she becomes a counselor and moves away from her home state. Unfortunately, that killer's case will follow her there.

There is inexplicably a second story in the main one involving corrupt politicians. I thought they would tie together somehow at the end, but if they did, it was so subtle that I completely missed how. Regardless, both stories were interesting and kept my attention. Note that the overbearing tone you get from the author on TV is completely absent in print. Given my experience with this book, I would probably read another book by her, although some reviews heralding her as the next big voice in mystery/suspense books is quite premature at this point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eleventh Victim.