☯Bettie☯'s Reviews > Polar Star

Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith

Mar 06, 14

bookshelves: fraudio, winter20092010, slavic, published-1989, mystery-thriller, seven-seas, polar, spies, revenge
Read from January 15 to 19, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Bettie's Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Polar Star.

01/16/2010 "Chapter Eight"
01/17/2010 "disc 4 - a fishy story of icy fishiness"
01/18/2010 page 5
1.37% "If fog is thought, snow is action."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Thom Dunn One of my favorites.

Grace Tjan This is a good one.

message 3: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee I like it too.

☯Bettie☯ Lummeh! I had better make sure this is 'next up' on my TBR pile then. Three endorsements already. Haven't read Gorky (and to be honest that was the one I was fishing about for) but I doubt it will make much difference according to the blurb.

Grace Tjan Well, ideally, you should start with Gorky Park, since it's where the story begins. But most of the books can stand on their own, especially the later ones.

message 6: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Hmmm yes, maybe Gorky first but I can't remember if it matters.

Thom Dunn Sandybanks wrote: "Well, ideally, you should start with Gorky Park, since it's where the story begins. But most of the books can stand on their own, especially the later ones."

Is there a thread running through the Arkady Renko novels in addition to his presence ?

message 8: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Not that I remember but I read them too long ago to be sure.

message 9: by Laura (last edited Jan 18, 2010 04:36AM) (new)

Laura I read Gorky Park a long time ago and I liked it pretty much.

☯Bettie☯ Hello there Laura - are you up for the Chekov stories; I'm really looking forward to them. Hope you had a good weekend

:O)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura I am always ready Bettie, when they will start?? During this week-end, I managed to finish a book with 980 pages, quite tiresome but good in any case.

☯Bettie☯ Thanks Veeral