Sara ♥'s Reviews > The Lost Symbol

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Feb 23, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, action-adventure, audiobook, challenge-winter-2009, mystery, suspense
Read from February 18 to 21, 2010 , read count: 1

It looks like this is the lowest-rated book of the series thus far, but I really really enjoyed it. It was intense and mysterious, and I really liked that it was closer to home and that the "religious" discussion was something more familiar to me than Catholicism, which I don't know a lot about. I definitely didn't agree with all the of Bible interpretation stuff, but it was REALLY interesting! Plus, the 1 or 2 mentions of Mormons were NOT offensive, which is a nice bonus... ;)

I gotta get better at reading Dan Brown's mind though... I did NOT see that plot twist coming at the end. I SHOULD have, as much as I should have seen the end of The Sixth Sense coming, but alas, he got me again... Also, I don't know if the writing style has gotten better or if I'm just getting used to it, but it SEEMED better. *shrugs*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Symbol.

02/18/2010 page 1
5.56% "Almost done with Disc 1... I hope this is as good as the other two..."
02/18/2010 page 2
11.11% "Disc 2... Oh boy..."
02/18/2010 page 4
22.22% "Disc 4 of 14... Hmmm... I wonder when Langdon is going to meet the main woman.... WEIRD that they haven't met yet!"
02/19/2010 page 8
44.44% "Nearing the end of disc 8 of 14... It's REALLY interesting so far!"
02/20/2010 page 12