Elena's Reviews > Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit

Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit by Sean Hepburn Ferrer

Jan 08, 10

Read in October, 2006

I just finished reading AUDREY HEPBURN, AN ELEGANT SPIRIT which when I received as a birthday gift I thought would merely adorn my coffee table forever and ever. I was terribly mistaken and although the photos are worthy of any coffee table book, it is also a captivating read about a woman who was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. The book is a moving testimony of a son about his incomparable and unforgettable mother. Anyone who has lost a beloved parent could not help but be moved. Not only is it a glimpse into the personal life of an admired actress but also it is full of fascinating tips about cooking, shoes, motherhood, marriage and style. Audrey craved motherhood above all else and even when her marriages fell apart she struggled to put her children first. She put aside her career to focus on raising her boys even though it meant less money. Her greatest heartbreaks were her several miscarriages. She asked, "What is more important than a child?" and did what she could to alleviate the tremendous sufferings of little children in developing countries. Essentially a humble person, she rarely traveled first class or in luxury cars, preferring to gave the extra money to charity. I enjoyed this book about a very different kind of Hollywood celebrity.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit.