dara's Reviews > The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet

The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone

Jan 08, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010, cookbook
Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

My rating is based on the writing, not the recipes, which I have yet to try though I skimmed over them. Some of them are impractical for the area in which I live, but will probably be possible when I move to Orlando. It's not that they're overly complicated or have that many ingredients. There just isn't much of anything available here.

I don't agree with every message in this book. I was a bit horrorstruck at the admission that the author still eats sushi with fish in it once and awhile (and afterwards feels really bad). This may make it seem like a more forgiving, less extreme choice, but on the other hand, it confuses the issue and definition of vegan when someone knowingly eats fish and dismisses it in a "I'll probably do it again" fashion. I'm still working out a balance between adhering strictly to the definition of vegan and making the vegan lifestyle accessible to the mainstream in terms of what I view as an acceptable message.

More on this later maybe! I'm freezing! It's cold out and I'm bumming wifi in my sister's front yard while she's not home. (Where is she when I need warm wifi access conveniently located down the road?)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kind Diet.

04/16/2016 marked as: read