Stefania's Reviews > Kitchen

Dec 26, 10

bookshelves: read-2010, all-time-favorites, japanese-lit
Recommended for: everyone
Read from March 04 to 05, 2010

I absolutely fell in love with this book. It was the first by this author and I adored her. She writes in such a language that makes me think of poetry and makes me want to copy every sentence. The characters are totally likable and though a little odd you can actually imagine them as your neighbor or classmate. I too love kitchens and think they are the heart of the house, and you really can tell a lot about a family or a person y looking at their kitchens.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitchen.

Quotes Stefania Liked

Banana Yoshimoto
“From the bottom of my heart, I wanted to give up; I wanted to give up on living. There was no denying that tomorrow would come, and the day after tomorrow, and so next week, too. I never thought it would be this hard, but I would go on living in the midst of a glomy depression, and that made me feel sick to the depths of my soul. In spite of the tempest raging within me, I walked the night path calmly.”

Banana Yoshimoto
“People aren't overcome by situations or outside forces. Defeat comes from within.”

Banana Yoshimoto
“Fate is a ladder on which you cannot afford to miss a single rung. To skip out on even one step would mean you'll never make it to the top.”

Banana Yoshimoto
“Truly happy memories always live on, shining. Over time, one by one, they come back to life.”

Banana Yoshimoto
“No matter what, I want to continue living with the awareness that I will die. Without that, I am not alive.”

03/04/2010 page 42
26.25% "up to now this little book has been capable of totally grasping my attention. The story is simple but the characters are fascinating!"
03/05/2010 page 89
55.63% "I'm loving it"
03/05/2010 page 113
70.63% "JUST FINISHED THE FIRST NOVELLA IN THE BOOK. SUCH AN AMAZING STORY, SIMPLE BUT TOUCHING."