Robert Beveridge's Reviews > Author & Get Rich: How to Write a Money-Making Book in Only 12 Hours!

Author & Get Rich by Glenn Dietzel

Jun 23, 10

bookshelves: 2010-goal-list, cuy-co-pub-lib, defenestrated
Read from May 09 to 12, 2010, read count: 1

Glenn Dietzel, Author and Grow Rich (Morgan James, 2008)

I figured I knew what I was getting with Glenn Dietzel's Author and Grow Rich, but I didn't expect it to be quite as blatant as it is. Every few pages, you're interrupted with directions to get to one of Dietzel's websites hawking the Entrepreneurial Author program or some sort of spiritual-fulfillment thing. There are also veiled references to anyone buying the Entrepreneurial Author program being put in touch with “a New York Publisher”. Exactly which publisher this is is never revealed, though the examples Dietzel mentions were all published by Morgan James, the publisher of this book. My guess is that many others have gone through this and been routed to another publisher (remember that a few vanities are headquartered in New York, though looking through Morgan James' backlist, I'm even wondering about them; some of those covers just scream “vanity press”). In any case, Dietzel's refusal to mention the publisher's name, the constant hawking of other products (and the “free bonus materials worth” some ludicrous amount of money no one in their right mind would actually pay) should be raising huge red flags in your vision within five pages of you starting to read this book. If there's actually any useful information here you can't get from the thousands of better writing manuals on the planet, I couldn't find it before flinging this out the window in disgust. I've read a lot of useless books on writing, but none that have tried to sell me so many things that had nothing to do with writing in the process. An insult to the intelligence of any would-be writer. (zero)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Author & Get Rich.