Claire Datnow's Reviews > The Great Kapok Tree: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest

The Great Kapok Tree by Lynne Cherry

Finished reading this book months ago1 Illustrations lovely. Ending unsatisfactory. What can the child reader deduce from this ending?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Kapok Tree.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Claire Datnow Bestselling author and columnist Carl Hiaasen returns with another hysterical mystery for kids set in Florida's Everglades.
Bunny Starch, the most feared biology teacher ever, is missing.

Claire Datnow My 5 favorite eco mystery writers for tweens are 1) Carl Hiaason who creates child-heroes as environmental activists in his trio of young-adult novels: Hoot, about endangered owls, Flush, on the illegal dumping of raw sewage into the ocean and Scat. 2) Will Hobbs. The Maze tells the story of Rick Walker who takes refuge in the breathtaking Utah wilderness camp of an eccentric naturalist. 3) Gary Paulson's survival stories. 4) Jean Craighead George still ranks with the best of eco mystery writers. 5) Ben M. Baglio. The Dolphin Diaries series. Jody McGrath and her family are sailing around the world, researching dolphins, and Jody records all their exciting adventures in her Dolphin Diaries.

Claire Datnow Gorgeous illustrations, but I wish the text would have included a broader view of what we all can do to save our precious natural resources.

Claire Datnow I recommend The Ecology of A Cracker Childhood by Janisse Ray, for those who are passionate about nature.

Claire Datnow I finished this book. Loved the illustrations. The end was too much like a fairy tale.

Claire Datnow Have finished this ages ago.