Vanessa's Reviews > If There Be Dragons

it was ok
bookshelves: own
Recommended for: Lovers of Romance
Read in January, 2008 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I gave this one 2 stars instead of one because I now realize I'd read it before and liked it, but frankly, I don't really know why. I thought the Psychic angle would make it more interesting, and I think somewhere near the end, it did. I gave it a good shot this second time around, about half-way through the third out of five discs, I gave up. I love Kay Hooper's Bishop FBI series, and so I can't understand why the writing style in this book made me want to roll my eyes about every 10 seconds.

Perhaps it is because I'm older and this kind of romantic novel doesn't appeal to me anymore. But I love some of the older Nora Roberts romance novels, and so that might not be it. Or perhaps it's because the relationship between Brooke and Cody seemed unnatural, totally unbelievable, and well, just plain corny.

I was going to continue anyway, but I have so many books I want to read or give a try, that I realized it was just a waste of time. I don't want to push through a book just because I have put it on a challenge list or because I'd already made it half-way through, or because I hate, really hate, leaving books unfinished. So, my apologies to Ms. Hooper - I just couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If There Be Dragons.