Anthony Fitzgerald's Reviews > Altar of Eden

Altar of Eden by James Rollins

Jan 07, 2010

Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** James Rollins has done it again!! Having finally returned to writing an individual adventure, as opposed to another in the Sigma Force series, Rollins was able to remind me why I love him so much. From beginning to end, I was completely and utterly hooked. Never was there a point where I was bored. With just the right amount of sci-fi mixed into sci-fact, I was left wondering "what if...."

The only thing that I was a little bummed about was Jack surviving the ending. I know it's cruel to say, but I was ok with him dying. It seemed just a little far fetched how he is brought back around so quickly. Maybe if they elaborated more throughout the course of the book on how shutting down the brain while the infection runs its course will save you, thus leading up to Jack's survival, then ok. As it is now though I just felt like it was too cliche'd of an ending. It was this that put a small hold on the believability factor for me.

Other than that, loved it! Definitely not my favorite of his individual adventures though. As of this latest one, I would say that my favorites, in descending order are:

Amazonia
Deep Fathom
Subterranean
Ice Hunt
Altar of Eden
Excavation

I feel like it's time to reread them as well!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Altar of Eden.

01/07/2010 page 200
50.25% "Holy Hell on a Stick...."